Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweet Monkey Bread

I have been away from my kitchen for a couple of weeks now, but I'm back in action! I'm usually the type of person that gives a lot of importance to the expiration day on things but over the years and the hard economy I have learned that if is expired and smells bad it will go in the trash but if still smells good it wont hurt my tummy and it will make my wallet happy so is a win win... today I discover in the back of my fridge to cans of buttermilk biscuits so I decided to make some monkey bread, half of the recipe I got from the web and the other half I just decided to play with. so here it goes my half monkey bread.


Sweet Monkey Bread


  • 2 (7.5 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup original syrup
  • 1/2 cup of golden raisins 

Cut each biscuit into quarters. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip biscuits in butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Layer half the biscuits in a 10-in. fluted pan; sprinkle with half the nuts and raisins. Repeat layers. Pour syrup over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.














 and you can always, always add ice cream!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment